A Week in the Life 7/10-7/17

Part of IFYE that I wasn't expecting, was how deep of a connection you make with your host families in such a short time. After spending three short weeks in their home, you really start to feel like a part of the family. This week I changed host families. To end my time with the Bieri family we visited Marbachegg, which is a gondola that takes you to the best view of the Hohgant. We also had a picnic lunch on the banks of the Emme, which is the river that runs through the Emmental region of Switzerland. 


The Hohgant


A picnic lunch complete with quail eggs and cheese. 


After we said our goodbyes, I headed off to Ramsen to meet my new host family, the Neidharts. This new host family lives in Ramsen, which is very close to the boarder with Germany. My host mom runs a dog daycare business, and my host dad drives truck. I have two host "siblings" who are 22 and 24. This week we spent some time touring, baking bread, and a lot of time relaxing by the pool with an Aperol Spritz in hand. 


The Rhein river as seen from Stein am Rhein.




The view seen from our walks with the dogs. 


Pictures from my day in Singen, Germany, which was only a 30 minute bus ride away. 


Picnic with some new friends from the Landjugend at Steckborn.


New Friend Laura.


Spending the day with my host sister Martina at the Rhinfall. This is the largest waterfall in Europe.



Some baking done this week with my host mom.




Comments

Popular Posts