The Bodensee

Lake Constance (Bodensee) is nestled in the foothills of the Alps. This lake straddles three countries, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. Fed by the Rhine River, it’s composed of 2 connected parts, the Untersee (lower lake) and the larger Obersee (upper lake).


On a day trip, my host sister Martina took me to see Insel Minau. Mainau Island is a "flowering island" notable for its parks and gardens. Frederick I, Grand Duke of Baden, created the island's arboretum, which now contains 500 species of deciduous and coniferous trees, many exotic and valuable, including fine specimens of Sequoiadendron giganteum (1864) and Metasequoia glyptostroboides (1952).



 My host sister, Martina.  


The most beautiful church I have ever seen. Kirche St.Marien

A floral replica of the Bodensee with town markers. 




After this we traveled to Konstanz, Germany. This is where we got to see more sailing boats. 


Street art.


Food, always food.

Comments

Popular Posts